The Christmas Quiz
- What is your one favorite dish to see on the table at Christmas dinner?
- Do you have a Nativity scene or a creche? How many pieces does it have?
We have a nativity and it has 6 pieces so far.
- What is your favorite Christmas movie?
- If you and your family could spend this Christmas in another country, where would you go?
No where. I love spending Christmas with my family. Would love to see New York City in December some time though.
- Does your grandmother usually knit you something for Christmas, or does she give you something different — say, a Wii?
Normally my grandparents sent money to my parents who picked out our gifts.
- Have you ever gone out of the house wearing a reindeer headband? What about a Santa hat?
- Do you usually make or buy your Christmas gifts?
- When do you set up your Christmas decorations? When do you take them down?
Thanksgiving weekend, New Years week.
- What kind of activities does your church usually have at Christmas?
My VA church does a communion service my MD church does the Advent Wreath leading up to Christmas and a Candlelight Christmas Ever Service
- Did you ever believe in Santa Claus as a child?
Nope but my little girl keeps asking when he is coming so I guess we are doing it now.
- Which of the Gospels gives your favorite account of the Christmas story?
- Have you ever acted in a Christmas pageant? What part did you play?
Oh yeah. Ask me some stories some time. Like the year the wise men bowed down to the Christmas tree and the shepherds (read my 4 year old brother and his friends) got into a fight on stage. (As my brother would say *Who thought it was a good idea to give FOUR year olds shepherd staffs.)
- Do you buy Christmas presents for your pets?
I My sister used to buy the family dog a sweater every Christmas.
- What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Chili and Cinnamon Rolls on Christmas Eve. It is such a huge part of Abbott family culture. Even know that we are all grown up, most of us kids still fix that on Christmas Eve. The year my brother was in Iraq my mom sent him canned Chili and Little Debbi Cinnamon Buns. I love knowing whatever else happens, however far apart we are, Christmas Eve, we are all eating the same thing. :)
I am tagging
The Day's of the Davenports